Use of Content from this Web Site
The Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education (“PEJE”) invites its Web visitors to use the content of its Web site for personal, educational, and other noncommercial purposes. By using this Web site, you agree to abide by the following terms.
Intellectual Property Rights in Content
PEJE is the owner of the compilation of content that is posted on PEJE’s Web site, including its text, images, audio and video clips, design, databases, codes, and software (“Content”), but it does not necessarily own all the material within this compilation. The Content may be owned by PEJE, owned by others and used with their permission, or used in accordance with applicable law. Some Content is in the public domain and some Content is protected by third party rights such as copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, privacy, and contractual restrictions.
PEJE Content is identified as having “no known copyright restrictions” when PEJE is unaware of any copyright restrictions on its use. This may mean that: (1) a copyright existed at one time but was not renewed, or the copyright may have expired, or the owner may have intentionally placed the Content into the public domain; or (2) the Content was never eligible for copyright protection because it was created by an employee of the United States as part of his or her official duties; or (3) there are no copyright markings or other indications on the Content to indicate that it was copyrighted or otherwise restricted; or (4) PEJE records do not indicate any evidence of copyright restrictions. These facts do not necessarily mean that the Content is in the public domain, but rather indicate that no evidence has been found to show that copyright restrictions apply.
PEJE endeavors to provide information that it possesses about the copyright status of the Content and to identify any other terms and conditions that may apply to the use of the Content, such as trademark, privacy or publicity rights, donor or other contractual restrictions. However, PEJE can offer no guarantee or assurance that all pertinent information is provided or that the information is correct in each circumstance. It is your responsibility to determine what permission(s) you need in order to use the Content and, if necessary, to obtain such permission. If you have specific questions or information about the Content, please contact the appropriate PEJE department or program associated with the Content or send an email to email@example.com.
PEJE welcomes you to make fair use of the Content as defined by copyright law. Information on the United States copyright law is available from the Copyright Office of the Library of Congress. Please note that you are solely responsible for determining whether your use is fair and for responding to any claims that may arise from your use.
PEJE also allows personal, educational, and other noncommercial uses of the Content on the following terms:
- You must cite the author and source of the Content as you would material from any printed work.
- You must also cite and link to, when possible, PEJE’s Website as the source of the Content.
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices, including attribution, information, credits, and notices, that are placed in or near the Content.
- You must comply with all terms or restrictions other than copyright (such as trademark, publicity, and privacy rights, or contractual restrictions) as may be specified in the metadata or as may otherwise apply to the Content.
Certain Uses Require Prior Written Permission
You may not use the Content for commercial purposes. This means that you may not sell the Content or sell materials, products, or services that use or incorporate the Content, nor may you use the Content to promote or advertise yourself or other persons, organizations, causes, products, or services. If you want to use the Content for any purpose other than a permitted use, you must obtain prior, written permission from PEJE or other owner of the Content to whom you are referred by PEJE.
If you are requesting permission to use Content, you may send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of the trademarks, service marks, and logos (collectively “Marks”) displayed on this Web site, including “PEJE” and PEJE’s logo, are registered or unregistered Marks of the PEJE. With the exception of fair use, you may not use PEJE’s trademarks without prior, written permission.
Marks of third parties may also be displayed on this site from time to time. You agree that nothing contained in this Web site shall be construed as granting a license to use any Mark displayed on this Web site without the prior, written permission of the owner of the Mark.
Interactive Features and User-Generated Content
PEJE provides certain interactive features, such as blogs, for the exchange of ideas and information in furtherance of its mission. You are invited to interact with our site, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- You are solely responsible for the content that you submit.
- By posting content, you are giving PEJE and those authorized by PEJE, permission to use it for any education, promotional, or other standard PEJE purpose.
- You will not post any content that is unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- You will only post content that is yours or for which you have received permission from the person or entity that owns the content and the related intellectual property rights.
- You will not post content, your own or a third party’s, for advertising or promotional purposes.
- You understand that PEJE may monitor or review discussions, chats, transmissions, bulletin boards or any other postings from time to time and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit or remove any content that does not comply with these conditions.
- You understand and agree that PEJE assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the posting of your content or for any error, defamation, libel, omission, obscenity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any posted information or from any failure or delay in removing such content.
- You will not introduce any software viruses, worms, or other programs designed to damage software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
- You agree that you will not collect information about the users of this Web site or use such information for any purpose.
PEJE reserves the right to monitor content or information provided by visitors to its Web site, in its sole discretion, and to edit or remove content that, in PEJE’s judgment, does not comply with these terms and conditions or is otherwise objectionable, inappropriate, or inaccurate.
If you have any complaints or objections to Content posted on PEJE’s Web site because it was not properly credited or it was posted without permission, please contact email@example.com with your contact information and the link to the relevant Content.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
This Web site contains links to the Web sites of third parties that are not under the control of PEJE. These links are provided for the convenience of our Web visitors and for informational purposes only, and they do not indicate PEJE’s endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the third party or the content of these linked Web sites, including any advertising that may be posted on them. PEJE has no control over these linked Web sites; it makes no representation or warranty and bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of these linked Web sites.
Links from Third Party Web Sites
If you choose to link to PEJE’s Web site, you agree to present the link in a manner that does not state or imply that PEJE endorses you or any other third party or any products, services, or opinions provided on your Web site and that the link contains a clearly written notice that the user is leaving your Web site and accessing another. You further agree not to frame the pages of PEJE’s Web site or transport viewers to any other location outside of PEJE’s Web site using its name, “PEJE,” or any variation thereof, without PEJE’s prior, written permission. Linking to this Web site does not grant you any ownership rights or interest in or to PEJE’s name or any variation thereof. PEJE has no obligation to link from its Web site to your Web site or to provide a reciprocal service of any kind.
Changes to These Terms
Warranty and Indemnity
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction