Introducing PEJE’s New Recruitment & Retention Academy
“…Truly an Academy where experts discussed and sorted out in advance a cohesive approach, and then, as a faculty, each presented important pieces of the puzzle. These qualities came through and made attendance not just stimulating, but truly a chance to see best practices and approaches from several vantage points. Thank you for the great effort and careful planning that went into preparing the program.”
Rabbi Simcha Weiser, Headmaster, SOILLE San Diego Hebrew Day School
What’s more important to a school’s sustainability than helping solidify a pathway to enrollment growth? Nothing — and that’s why the Recruitment & Retention Academy builds on our history of highly successful admission conferences and adds a new assessment tool and expert coaching to create an unparalleled program. As tuitions typically cover over 80% of a school’s operating budget, the Academy represents one of the best investments a day school can make to ensure its sustainability. By providing successful strategies, tactics, and coaching support, the Academy can help your school truly sustain itself.
Schools accepted to the program are encouraged to send a recruitment and retention team comprised of their Head of School, Admission Director, Marketing/Communications Director (if relevant), and a Lay Leader to engage in a unique, three-part program centered around a summit in Chicago, May 18-20, 2014.
PEJE’s Recruitment & Retention Academy is designed to provide Jewish day schools with a comprehensive toolkit to strengthen their recruitment and retention efforts. Making the decision to participate in the Academy is one of the best investments a school can make in its future. The Academy has three key component parts. The first is a comprehensive assessment of current school recruitment and retention practices and beliefs, which will be revealed by PEJE’s proprietary assessment tool. The second is a two-day workshop for teams of up to four school professionals and lay leaders, featuring leading independent and Jewish day school recruitment and retention experts. The workshop involves sharing best practices and case studies of excellence with peers from other schools, who learn as much from each other as from the experts. The third is eight hours of support from an expert coach to help create a concrete long-term plan to enhance recruitment and retention capacity.
Recruitment & Retention Academy Goals
The Recruitment & Retention Academy accomplishes several vitally important overarching goals. For your school, it will:
- Generate alignment among key professional and lay leaders around the strengths and weaknesses of your recruitment and retention program, in the entire range of relevant competencies:
- Assessing the market potential for your school
- Segmenting your target families and learning what they value
- Branding your school and communicating effectively about it through social and other media
- Marketing the Jewish aspects of day schools to 21st century families
- Promoting the 21st century learning skills imparted by Jewish day schools
- Managing the recruitment funnel for maximum yield
- Managing data effectively
- Proactively securing enrollment
- Build on existing recruitment and retention expertise and skills in areas of strength, and provide detailed guidance about how to eliminate weaknesses
- Result in a plan that documents key goals, strategies, and tactics to attain those goals
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR YOUR SCHOOL?
The greatest benefits of our unique program include:
- Developing alignment among your entire team about the strengths and weaknesses of your school’s entire recruitment and retention program
- Learning from the best experts in both the independent school and Jewish day school worlds
- Pinpointing areas where improvement will result in more students enrolled and enhanced family relationships
- Emerging with a cohesive long-term plan that has buy in from the key relevant school constituencies that will guide your school’s actions and provide benchmarks along the way
To see a preview of the Recruitment & Retention Academy summit agenda and presenter bios click here.
If you have any questions or would like more details about the Academy, please email Elana Alfred.