Trustee Recruitment & Orientation
- See How Your School’s Board Profile Stacks Up!
- Assess your board’s composition and plan for the future
- Tips on Board Profile from Neil Taxy, Master Board Developer
- A Three Year Journey to An Enhanced Board Profile with a useful organizer chart
- Three Steps for Orienting New Trustees
- The Board Building Cycle: Nine Steps to Finding, Recruiting, and Engaging Nonprofit Board Members(BoardSource members only)
- Desirable Attributes To Consider When Planning for New Board Members — This NAIS monograph presents useful guidance on the recruitment of new trustees aimed at Board Chairs and the Committee on Trustees.
- Board Recruitment — This NAIS monograph outlines the strategies effective Boards use to identify a pool of future board members and cultivate them to join the Board.
- Three Steps for Orienting New Trustees — Getting the best Board members on board is only the first step. Proper orientation can dramatically accelerate their ability to add value to the Board. ISM provides a thoughtful overview of the orientation process.
- BoardSource: Taming the Troublesome Board Member By Katha Kissman — Real-life case study examples illustrate specific behaviors with analysis and recommendations on the best next steps, in any boardroom.