Trustee Fiduciary, Legal, & Ethical Duties
- Here are 33 standards suggested for nonprofits to use as benchmarks. They were identified by Independent Sector at the request of the Senate Finance Committee.
- BoardSource: The Nonprofit Policy Sampler, Second Edition by Barbara Lawrence, Outi Flynn — Provides 241 professionally and legally reviewed sample policies, job descriptions, committee charters, codes of ethics, board member agreements, mission and vision statements, and more.
- Go to Independent Sector for information about the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Implications for Nonprofits
- Sarbanes-Oxley and Nonprofits (BoardSource members only)
- Preventing Crises through Good Governance (BoardSource members only)
- Creating Transparency (BoardSource members only)
- Seeking Legal Assistance (BoardSource members only)
- Appropriate Delegation (BoardSource members only)
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site is intended to be construed as legal advice. lease consult an attorney with any legal questions.