Self Assessment Tools
PEJE is collecting self-assessment tools for schools to use independently in all areas of school operations. We have been looking for instruments with the following criteria:
- Should be easy to use and adapt to the school’s needs
- Should have a rating sheet that allows the school to place itself on a continuum of poor to excellent performance
- Should be repeatable so that the school can track its progress over time
Our current collection of Type II assessments is available in the Coach Tool Kit CD and on this website. Please let us know of other tools we should add to the list. These tools were reviewed by PEJE as of August 2004.
- The Day School Peer Yardstick® Suite of Tools, including the Benchmark Report, Jewish Day School Parent Survey, and Strategic Financial Modeling Tool.
- Assessing Parent Satisfaction: Jill Kessler, Pardes Jewish Day School
- Board Excellence Measurement Tool
- NAIS Board Self-Assessment Tool and Head Evaluation Tool
- Assessment Tool for the Board : Mark I. Berger
- Snapshot Audit: To the Point, December 2003: ISM
- The Risk Management Audit: To the Point, March 2003: ISM
- Self Assessment Tool: To Help Your Organization’s IT Capacity for Raising Charitable Gifts, by Tom Froehlich, CFRE
- The Mankato Survey of Professional Technology Use, Ability, and Accessibility: Mankato Public Schools, Mankato, MN
- Star Chart: A Tool for Assessing School Technology and Readiness: CEO Forum on Education and Technology