Network with professionals. Post on online job boards. Advertise in newspapers that prospective Heads of school are reading. The Leadership Line can help you determine the right connections for your school’s situation.
Education & Training Institutions:
Many of these institutions host job boards on their websites.
- American Jewish University: Graduate Center for Education
- New York University’s Steinhardt Program
- Gratz College
- Hebrew Union College
- Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration
- Jewish Theological Seminary of America
Jewish Denominational Networks:
In addition to being useful places to network, many Jewish denominational networks keep lists of open positions.
National and Regional Publications:
- The Jewish Daily Forward
- New York The Jewish Week
- Baltimore Jewish Times
- Washington Jewish Week
- Education Week
- New York Times
- Jewish Journal (link to: http://www.jewishjournal.com/)
Other Job Boards:
- JewishJobs.com – advertises nonprofit Jewish communal job postings.
- Lookstein Center for Jewish Education job board
- Commongood Careers – enables today’s most innovative nonprofits to build strong organizations through the recruitment, retention, and development of outstanding talent
- JewishCareers.com provides links to job opportunities in the Jewish community
- Jewish Federations of North America job boards