Board Meetings, Committees, & Structure
- ISACS Characterizes Good Practice in Independent School Bylaws
- Description of the Consent Agenda
- Sample Consent Agenda
- Day School Growth and Excellence: Strengthen Your Board—and School—with a Committee on Trustees(Article from PEJE E-Newsletter February, 2008)
- Board Policies Book by Patrick F. Bassett. This monograph presents an outline of the documents that should be included in a Board’s policy book.
- Effective Committee Structures Facilitate the Work of the Board (includes sample committee structures).
- “ Should an independent school board have an education or curriculum committee?”, from NAIS
- “Creating a Vision for 21st Century Schools”, by Pat Bassett, addresses education committees as well.