MATCH is a matching grants program which aims to spark dynamic new funding relationships for Jewish day school education. Funded by the AVI CHAI and Kohelet Foundations and in partnership with the Jewish Funders Network (JFN) and the Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education (PEJE).
We are pleased to announce the final MATCH 2012-13 program statistics:
- 235 schools enrolled in MATCH by completing the School Profile.
- These schools cumulatively enroll more than 70,000 students and represent a $1.4 billion market in day school education.
- 137 of these schools submitted at least one gift application (58%)
- Schools raised a total of $8,155,000 for MATCH.
- 119 schools had at least one gift application approved for MATCH, pending gift payment and payment documentation (87%). Mazal tov to these schools!
- There were 199 MATCH donors. 56% were first-time donors to day school, and 44% were past donors that increased to a new giving level 5x their largest past gift.
- In total, $2.85 million of the MATCH pool was allocated to schools.
Thank you to the AVI CHAI and Kohelet foundations for their generous support of Jewish day schools in North America.
Remaining MATCH deadlines:
- May 15, 2013: Last day for donors to pay gifts to their schools
- July 1, 2013: Deadline for donors to submit payment documentation of gift payment to JFN
- August 1, 2013: Date that MATCH will complete issuing of matching checks to schools for approved matching funds
Thank you to the federations that supported PEJE’s research of day schools.
Our school received a MATCH in a previous challenge. At that time, MATCH helped us to form meaningful, long-term partnerships with donors who contributed major gifts. How exciting to have this incentive once again! We look forward to engaging new donors who will make an important impact on day school education. Thank you for helping us motivate our community to engage in the mitzvah of tzedakah.
—Elaine L. Suchow, Director of Development, Solomon Schechter School of Queens
Thank you for this incredible MATCH opportunity. I completely understand the focus of the MATCH as being targeted to non-current parents. This will compel us to work harder to reach beyond our parent donor base in a new way to alumni, grandparents, alumni parents and community friends. I am inspired to cultivate new donors to our school’s annual campaign.
—Stephanie Bash-Soudry, Director of Development and Alumni Relations, Golda Och Academy