Development Community of Practice
If you were not able to join the CoP call with Pat Bassett on October 25th, please view the presentation and listen to the recording now:
The PEJE Development Community of Practice is a networking venue for sharing, vetting, and building knowledge around day school development best practices. The CoP brings together professional Directors of Development and other school administrators who participate in development functions. The CoP provides varied opportunities for community members to learn together, share information and ideas, solve problems, and provide support. Through telephone workshops, in conjunction with ongoing discussions on the Development CoP Google Group, members reap the benefits of this group's work through the sharing of high quality models, best practices, and innovative ideas.
There is no charge to participate in this Community of Practice. To join, send your name and email address along with a brief paragraph about your school to Erica Cabag, Program Associate, Growing Annual Campaign Revenue.
Please join the call via telephone and web!
How to join:
Our webinars have two components: telephone and web. Please log into
both using the information below.
US/Canada toll-free: 866-627-5180
Conference ID: 61736701013
(No participant password required)
Go to: http://peje.adobeconnect.com/developmentCoP
Select “Enter as a guest”
In the field titled “Name” please enter your full name AND email
Click “Enter Room”
The Next CoP Call
"Donor Recognition: How Do You Thank & Acknowledge Your Donors?"
Facilitator: Erica Cabag, Program Manager, PEJE
Guest: Francine Shron, Development Manager, PEJE
A known truth: we can’t do the work we do without the support of our generous donors. But how do you thank and honor them for their contributions to your schools? Donor recognition requires a mix of respect and creativity that varies from contributor to contributor. Guest presenter Francine Shron, PEJE’s Development Manager, will join us to explore the large world of donor recognition and will also speak to us about PEJE’s new national endowment and legacy donor association, the L’Dor V’Dor Society. We will send additional information closer to the call date.
Conference Call PowerPoint Presentations
- Trends in Sustainability for Jewish Day Schools (supplementary document)
Listen to the call here.
October 25, 2012, Pat Bassett (Guest) and David Marcus (Facilitator)
- What We Learned From the Challenge Awards Part 1: Alumni
May 3, 2012, Susan Marks, Lauren Katz, and Sari Weiss (Guests) and Jennifer Weinstock (Facilitator)
- Collins Group- 10 Tips to a Happy, Relaxed, and Efficient Development (supplementary document)
June 13, 2011, Barb Maduell (Guest) and Jennifer Weinstock (Facilitator)
- Going Beyond Grandparents Day
April 12, 2011, Vicky Levin, Kathleen Neitzel, Amy Vogel (Guests) and Jennifer Weinstock (Facilitator)
- Creating a Fundraising Breakthrough
February 15, 2011, Laurie Herrick (Guest) and Jennifer Weinstock (Facilitator)
- Why Fundraising Fails: Exploring What Not to Do and Why
January 25, 2011, Herb Tobin (Guest) and Jennifer Weinstock (Facilitator)
- Calendar Crunch
December 15, 2010, Amy Schiffman (Guest) and Jennifer Weinstock (Facilitator)
- The Business Office and the Development Office: A Profitable Partnership?
June 1, 2010, Stephane Acel and Jennifer Weinstock (Facilitators)
- Alumni Relations: Ideas from the Field
April 28, 2010, Toby O'Brien, Stephanie Bash-Soudry, Barbara Gold, and Adam Miller(Guest) Devorah Kosowsky and Sheila Alexander (Facilitators)
- Help! My Board Members Won't Raise Money
March 23, 2010, Jill Goldenberg, PEJE Strategy Manager, Board Leadership(Guest)
- Embarking on the Voyage: Stewarding the Donor Relationship
February 2, 2010, Rae Ringel(Guest)
- Feel the Power and Call the Meeting!
December 17, 2009, Pearl Kane(Guest)
- Why Do Development Directors Dress Up? Building a Culture of Philanthropy Within Your School
October 26, 2009, Barbara Maduell, CFRE, Senior Consultant, The Collins Group and PEJE Coach(Guest)
- Successful Models of Collaboration
June 25, 2009, Kim Hirsh, Development Officer with the Jewish Community Foundation of MetroWest, NJ (Guest)
Sample Board Letter
Summary of Collaborative Programs
- Facebook: Ready, Set, Go!
May 7, 2009, Kevin Martone, Technology Program Manager, Grinspoon Institute and Vera Goldman, School Registrar and Alumni Relations, Abraham Joshua Heschel Day School (Guests)
Additional Discussion Questions
- Trendspotting: What's going on at day schools? How does your development plan look in the current economic environment? Development strategies that work.
April 23, 2009, A Virtual Roundtable Discussion
- Applying Storytelling to the Work of Admission and Development Directors
February 23, 2009, CoP Members- Amy Utstein, Tehiyah Day School, El Cerrito, CA, Audrey Jacobs, Soille San Diego Hebrew Day School, San Diego and Tami Warshawsky, SSDS of Metropolitan Chicago, Skokie and Northbrook, IL (Guests)
- What are Day Schools Doing About Alumni Relations? What Should Day Schools be Doing About Alumni Relations?
January 27, 2009, A Virtual Roundtable Discussion
- The Marketing Tool for Today
December 16, 2008, Madelyn Blair, Pelerei (Guest), Suzanne Kling, PEJE (Facilitator)
- Institutional Resiliency: The Spirit & Strategy of your Development Enterprise
November 18, 2008, Andrea B. Wasserman, Director for Institutional Advancement, Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School (Guest)
- Fundraising During an Economic Slowdown: A Dozen Recommendations
November 6, 2008, David Saginaw, Managing Director, Development, United Jewish Communities (Guest)
PEJE Marketing Webinar Series
- Story: The Marketing Tool for TodayDecember 16, 2008
Download presentation- Duration: 56mins 17secs | File size: 14.4MB
- Using Research to Make the CaseJune 7, 2007
- Getting Everyone on the Same Page: Using Key Messages to Advance Your Day SchoolOctober 30, 2007
Voices from the Field: Finding Value in the MATCH CoP
"I found the MATCH CoP call about Moves Management very worthwhile. As a result, the topic was a major agenda item at our February Development Committee Meeting. The discussion inspired the committee, and a summary of Moves Management was subsequently forwarded to our Board of Trustees."
Leslie Sporn, Director of Development & Marketing, The Shoshana S. Cardin School, Baltimore, MD